The Barnes Horticultural Allotments Society (BHAS) is a non-profit association responsible for five East Sheen allotment sites within the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. The sites are The Triangle, The Priory, Hertford Avenue, Palewell Commons, and Palewell Fields.
There is an interesting local history about the East Sheen / Mortlake area, the allotment sites, and the society available for further reading.
- act as a community liaison between its members and Richmond Council;
- represent all its members interests relating to its five allotment sites;
- in support of the Richmond Council Allotment Officer, help to match identified wait list names for our sites to available allotment plots;
- manage, maintain, improve, and administer to the needs of its allotment sites;
- organise and manage a Trading Shed to sell horticultural supplies to its members;
- promote community involvement for its allotment activities, including organising events; and
- regularly communicate with its members and allotment holders through this website, a newsletter, post, and allotment site notice boards.
BHAS Member Committee
The BHAS is lead through an all-volunteer Committee, who are voted in by its members at an Annual General Meeting, held in June. Current Committee Members’ positions and names, as well as a description of his or her roles, are outlined on this website.
Are you interested in volunteering your time to the BHAS? There may be some open positions available; the BHAS Committee Members page is kept up to date to reflect position status.
If you’d like to volunteer your time to the Committee, we’d be very grateful for your support to better our allotment sites. Please contact us to see how you can give back to the East Sheen allotment community.
Annual General Meetings (AGMs)
BHAS provides meeting minutes for its Annual General Meeting (BHAS AGM) as well as the Annual London Borough of Richmond upon Thames Allotment Meetings (BRAG AGM). The minutes are available for review.