The Barnes Horticultural and Allotment Society (BHAS), the group that runs the East Sheen allotment sites, offers an annual membership to its plot holders. While membership to the society is not compulsory if you have an East Sheen allotment plot, being a member provides many benefits to the allotment community as a whole.
The BHAS committee members are all volunteers and dedicate their time to manage the East Sheen Allotment sites; all membership funds go to maintain and better the allotment sites as well as organise community events (like the Open Day and the Annual Show).
The membership fee is nominal – about two or three cups of coffee or a selection of bulbs – and provides so many benefits for the allotment sites. (However, if cost of membership is a concern, we encourage you to speak with us.)
Join the BHAS today!
Cost: £10 per annum
Application form: [coming soon]
Pay: We have three options available to you to make your BHAS membership fees as easy as possible.
1.) Cash at the Trading Shed
2.) Online (coming soon!)
3.) Bank transfer (coming soon!)
All members must follow the BHAS Members Code of Conduct.
Benefits of BHAS membership
- Organises the Open Day and Annual Shows;
- Manages the trees, gates, and fences as well as the common areas of the allotment, including site entrances and central paths;
- Liaises with the council to represent East Sheen allotments plot holder interests;
- Supports new allotment holders and allocates the new sites to wait list names provided by the council;
- Access to the Trading Shed where seeds, compost, and plants are sold at a discount from shop prices;
- A 10% discount at Adrian Hall, a local garden centre conveniently located on Upper Richmond Road near the allotment sites;
- The use of the hoppers at the Hertford Avenue and other sites for wood chip and logs; and
- The rubbish bin;
If you have any further questions about membership, please contact us.