Please be aware that Richmond Council has recently updated its Allotment Terms and Conditions around bonfires as of September 2018. BHAS has updated our FAQs to reflect this update on our site.
For reference, the excerpt around bonfires in the Terms and Conditions now reads:
“Bonfires are only permitted between 16 September and 30 April during daylight hours, Monday to Saturday.
Bonfires can only be used under the following conditions:
- Only for burning plant matter that cannot be composted (no other materials to be burnt)
- Nuisance must not be caused to nearby tenants, residents, and road or rail users
- Fires must not be left unattended
- Suitable means must be at hand to control and extinguish the fire at any time
- Fires must be extinguished before leaving site
- Any fire must be extinguished immediately upon request of a council officer
Any plot holder contravening these conditions will be dealt with via the termination policy.”