The BHAS Open Day will be on Sunday 15th May this year from 2 – 5pm. It’s been three years since we have been able to host an open day and we would like you to join us in welcoming all the new plot holders who have taken up plots since then.
What is the Open Day?
The Open Day is an opportunity to meet new plot holders, see what other members are growing and socialise with the allotment community. It also enables the wider East Sheen community to visit the allotments and get inspiration. It’s a great family event and we will be selling afternoon teas too, so come hungry!
Activities at the Open Day
- Throughout the afternoon we will have tea, coffee, squash and delicious cakes available to purchase.
- We will also have a plant stall and for the first time a seed swap. Please bring any seeds you would like to swap (labelled with name and variety, if not in a commercial envelope).
- For the first time we will also have an ‘Ask an Expert’ station. We will be on hand to answer all your general gardening and growing questions!
We need help with the following:
- Plants donations for the plant stall. Perhaps when you divide some plants at home or on your plot? Vegetable plugs are always popular too if you have any spare seedlings. If you have any seed packets to donate to help us start the seed swap, that would also be helpful.
- Baking cakes. If you could bake your favourite cake for us to sell as part of the afternoon teas that would be great. We would be grateful to receive whole cakes, tray bakes, brownies or cupcakes.
- Setting up/clearing away and serving afternoon teas. If you are free on the day to help set up or serve afternoon teas for an hour or so we would love to hear from you. Please reply to this email.
Please let us know if you can contribute anything by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you all!