Mark your calendars
The BHAS Annual Show and Great Allotment Bake Off will be held on Sunday, 2 September 2018 at Hertford Avenue Allotments, open to all from 1:00-3:00pm. View the event information here and start to prep your entries today.
There will be cakes, preserves and plants for sale plus a BBQ & Social, children’s activities, and a raffle.
View the categories here along with helpful exhibiting tips. Entries are welcome from all BHAS members*, whether you are a novice or veteran (exhibitors 10 – 11.45 am, judging 12 – 1pm) in both vegetables, flowers, and baking categories. We are also including a new children’s category this year for the best courgettes pet!
*If you’re not a BHAS member, you can join on the day.
The show runs every year thanks to the efforts of the BHAS and allotment community. If you would like to volunteer on the day or can bring a prize or baked goods/ preserves for us to sell, please email email@example.com so we can make sure we have everything needed on the day.
We are looking for:
- Prizes for the raffle. These can be items or experiences (for example, tickets to an event or offering an hour of your time to weed someone else’s plot!)
- Plants we can sell. Please label these with the name and colour of flower (where appropriate).
- Cakes and preserves we can sell. Jams and chutney are always popular. We need plenty of cakes and cupcakes too, which can be sold with teas.
- Volunteers to support judges x2 (no experience required!)
- Volunteers to help prepare food x2 (on Saturday, 1 September)
We look forward to seeing you there!