June BHAS Allotment Photo Competition ‘Wildlife’ winner!
Thank you to all the plot holders who entered our first photography competition. Congratulations to David Clark (Palewell Fields) who was chosen at the winner of our first photography competition. We had ten entries to the competition and the anonymous judge chose this entry ‘because we can’t garden and grow without them’.
One of the slow-worms helping with organic pest control on my plot! Slow-worms are actually legless lizards and are a protected species in the UK.
My photo is of a busy ladybird on the leaf of our very vigorous Loch Ness Blackberry.
NEW: July/August photography competition ‘Current Crops’
The theme for the Allotment Photo Competition this month is ‘Current Crops’. We’ve seen many of your pick your first crops and salads over the last few weeks so do send us your best shot! At the end of the month a winner will be chosen and awarded a £5 voucher to spend at The Trading Shed. A special prize will be awarded at the end of the year for best overall photo.
Photo competition rules
– one photo per person can be submitted each month. We welcome entries from both adults and children.
– submit your photo in landscape orientation in .jpeg or .png format and email to email@example.com or use the hashtag #sheengyo on Instagram.
– include your name, site and plot number.
– include a short 2-3 sentence description of the photo.
– photos for the July/August competition must be submitted by 15th August 2020.
– each month the winner will be chosen by an invited judge.
– by submitting your photo you are also consenting to the BHAS Society using it on their social media accounts and website (full credit will be given).